Monday, December 9, 2013

Wet My Pants

Friday. Winter. Sunny blue sky.

Yup. At 8.30am in the morning, I felt like I wet my pants. Was not too sure if it's that or... my water broke. I did not tell my husband before he left for work. As this was my first pregnancy, everything was new to me.

But somehow by 2.30pm, some very mild sensation tells me I did not just pee in my pants. Though I was home alone, I was not scared at all. I was overjoyed and excited that this special moment was coming. I broke the news to my better half and told him not to rush home but to do as much as possible today for a proper hand over before going on paternal leave from tomorrow (Saturday) onwards. 

Then, I messaged my parents 6,500miles away. My mother freaked out and called me right away. I had to calm her down. She was so surprised I am still so chill. I surprised myself too. Hahaha...

I also told several friends that my water has officially broken. Dear S who just gave birth 3 weeks before me, volunteered to chauffeur me hospital for assessment. God bless her. While waiting for her to arrive, I quickly finished my half-packed maternity bag, tidied the house and tried to make sure all baby stuff is ready & in place. Oh, I couldn't help smiling from ear to ear. I couldn't contain my joy.

There I was at the *hospital at 5.00pm. I was on my own and the midwife did the assessment on me. The graph showed that my contractions was very mild and I was told to come back the next day at 7.30am to get induced. I was not pleased with that suggestion.

When I got home with the help of another friend, D, it was already dark. This calendar note says the right thing at the right time. 

My husband and I had dinner and exchanged our wedding anniversary gifts (which was supposed to be done next day). We had to cancel our dinner date for our pre-anniversary gift ;)

Before we went to sleep, we had communion with Him and we claimed His truth against fear (which could greatly & so unnecessarily intensify pain even before anything happens). We prayed against induction and I meditated upon His love that drives out fear.

We woke up at 4.30am the next day to pray for stronger contractions so that I could reject induction and be allowed VB. By 6.00am, the contractions were close enough to be admitted to *hospital. And again, our friend, D, came at this hour to chauffeur us . PTL.

* In case you wonder why I was still lingering at home since my water broke and returned home after the assessment, it is because the NHS hospital would tell preggers to go home as they do not accept them until their contractions start going strong & consistent.


No comments:

Post a Comment